Many brides prefer to receive a gift of an engagement ring with diamonds. The diamond symbolizes the uniqueness and constancy of love between a man and a woman. What can I say, they are the best friends of girls, as argued by Marilyn Monroe.
If You opted for the diamond engagement ring, before you buy it, You need to consider five characteristics concerning the quality of the diamond.
1. The shape and quality of cut. Thanks to her diamond acquires the properties of a diamond, the most valuable, the hardest and most expensive gemstone. There are various forms of cut diamonds. Of these, the most popular five: round, oval, pear, emerald (rectangle with rounded corners) and the heart.
2. Clarity of diamond (no flaws and stains on the stone). Small defects in diamonds of excellent quality are not visible to the naked eye. A diamond with no defects visible using a ten-fold increase is considered a stone of high quality and of great rarity and quite expensive. It will require the assistance of a jeweler. If the groom has chosen a particular stone, it may ask for closer examination with a magnifying glass.
3. The color of the stone. Sometimes quite difficult to recognize the true color of the diamond because of coming from its faces flicker, especially under artificial lighting. Diamonds that have a particular color, is very rare and quite expensive. In traditionally white stones need to consider the color purity, the degree of its transparency. The diamond, which is dominated by a yellow tone, is less valuable than a pure white stone.
4. The total weight of the stone, measured in carats. Carat is divided into hundred points. Thus, a diamond worth ten points weighs one tenth of a carat. When taking into account all other characteristics of the largest stone does not mean that he is the best. A small, nearly perfect stone can be much more valuable than a large but less than perfect.
5. The diamond certificate, which certifies the authenticity and degree of quality. Do not worry, if you know that your diamond is artificial, that is, grown man. This value decreases only slightly.
The first four characteristics – cut, clarity, color, and weight – determine the value of the stone. Preferring to have the largest diamond you can sacrifice its purity and color, and Vice versa, if you want to buy a more perfect stone, the size it would have little value. The only thing required is to have confidence in the quality and value of a diamond, on which stopped a choice.