Wedding gloves were relevant in the early 18th century, when ladies wore it on a daily basis. Later, they were worn by high-ranking ladies at social events in the evening using only the toilet. And here in the 21st century, Bridal gloves are back in fashion and are popular. They give the bride elegance and sophistication.
Types of wedding gloves
This attribute of the bride’s attire varies according to several characteristics: the design, pattern, length, fabric used for their manufacture, the number of buttons.
Consider models that are in demand:
- Classic. Long, tall above the elbow, made usually of satin.
- Mitts. Short, not reaching to the middle of the forearm the clothes, for which manufacturing use lace or openwork fabric. Particularly relevant to the summer season.
- With an eyelet, through which the accessory is retained on the finger.
Bridal fingerless gloves conditionally possible to divide on two types:
- Fingerless – short plucking fingers accessory that does not create discomfort, allows to wear a wedding ring without removing your gloves during the ceremony. The disadvantage of this style is that they visually make the fingers shorter.
- On one finger is attached and stick through the loops on the middle finger, for the manufacture of which basically take a satin ribbon or strung beads. This model will not hide your beautiful manicure.
Short Bridal gloves give the bride’s sophistication. Perfectly match with short dresses with long sleeves to the elbow and slightly below. Will not look such models with the dresses in long sleeve or sleeveless.
Festive dress with thin straps or revealing the shoulders is perfectly combined with long wedding gloves. They are made usually of satin or lace. This model is able to your arms.
It is appropriate to wear on the wedding ceremony, a walk, a photo shoot, but during the feast the bride must remove them.
Wedding gloves lace will make the bride elegant and delicate. This style is suitable for any model of dress, and no matter what the fabric is taken as the basis for the manufacture of the product. Nice accessories with small crystals or stones with multi-colored reflections
Openwork wedding gloves perfectly complement the bride’s, if the dress has long sleeve. This type is not only aesthetic but also practical – they can warm hand of a beautiful lady in cool weather.
In today’s world not all girls are of the opinion that wedding dress, and all associated his attributes should be white. Many brides trying to stand out by making your original image, choose colored accessories.
Often, there are wedding gloves decorated with various ornaments. As decorations are used, the stones (precious and semi-precious), pearls (both natural and artificial), beads, rhinestones, satin ribbon. You can use embroidery.
Fabric for gloves
For the manufacture of cloth for the hands of the bride are used in a variety of fabric, depending on model and time of year, it is intended for. Thus, for models of dresses of the autumn-winter period is jacquard, satin, crepe, taffeta, lace. For summer perfect light airy fabrics – cotton, chiffon, silk, cotton.
Don’t forget that style and the fabric from which made the accessory should be in harmony with the dress of the bride.
Wedding gloves with their hands
Purchase wedding gloves, you can in the cabin, but it is possible to make them yourself. To do this, you will need quite a bit: your imagination, free time, the selected fabric and embellishments. Example, how to make Bridal fingerless below.
You will need:
- satin ribbon
- beads or rhinestones
- stretch lace
When the materials are prepared, start manufacturing:
- Measure the volume of the wrist, cut the required cut lace.
- Make precise measurements, cut the excess fabric, connecting the fabric with the regular stitch on the sewing machine.
- Try. Combine the lace between your index finger and thumb, making a few stitches.
- Proceed to the decoration.
- From satin ribbons make a couple of bows, decorated with beads or rhinestones.
- Attach the ribbons with glue gun or sew.
How to choose gloves for wedding dress
Among the great assortment you should choose those models that best fit a style to your outfit and also fabric dresses, accessories should overlap in texture. Only in this case, they will look harmoniously, complementing the image.
Wedding attributes should match the tone of the dress. In rare cases there are exceptions, when such wedding elements differ in color or shade. Choosing length, remember the rule: the shorter the dress sleeve, the longer must be the accessories.